LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bone Density Scan Back "On"

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, October 2012, I hope to post every day this month. Heaven knows I am learning of new breast cancer diagnosis, or serious recurrences of breast cancer, often times metastasis, nearly weekly. Lets all do whatever we can to see that all women are aware of the breast cancer risks, and that research soon puts a stop to this life-changing, and often deadly, disease.


I have been in a quandry about getting a Bone Density Scan this month. It was originally on the calendar as a followup from one year ago; and because I have been on the aromatase inhibitor for a year now, which has osteoporosis as a side effect. Add to that the fact I've had hip and leg pain since taking this pill, sometimes much more intense than others.

My Oncologist was not really pushing this test again so soon until I pushed the issue due to the pain. But then I saw Dr. Amy Shaw a couple of weeks ago. And it was her recommendation that I forego the scan, but instead start some physical therapy to help strengthen the SI joint and surrounding ligaments. All this sounded very good at the time, but I have yet to make the first PT appointment.

So, just the other day I received a call from RRMG to make an appointment. When I called in, it was for the Bone Density Scan. So now what to do? My oncologist is on vacation and not available to discuss the options, but the advice nurse from the Oncology Department suggests I go through with the scan to rule out any osteoporosis at this time and give me a base line going forward now that I have been taking the Exemestane. I guess this is what I will do. I have moved back the annual visit to the Oncologist, Dr. Ian Anderson, so that the Bone Density Scan will happen with enough time for him to have the results for my appointment with him. 

All in all, it will be good to have this information going forward and in dealing with the continuing pain and discomfort since starting the Exemestane.




LIFE IS GOOD

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie