LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Free Mammograms in Sonoma

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, October 2012, I hope to post every day this month. Heaven knows I am learning of new breast cancer diagnosis, or serious recurrences of breast cancer, often times metastasis, nearly weekly. Lets all do whatever we can to see that all women are aware of the breast cancer risks, and that research soon puts a stop to this life-changing, and often deadly, disease.


Sonoma Valley Hospital Offers Free Mammograms

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Sonoma Valley Hospital is once again offering mammograms and follow-up care to women who are uninsured, underinsured or with high insurance deductibles at no charge during the month of October.

Women seeking a mammogram must first obtain an order from their physician, who can fax the order to the hospital at 935-5271. Those who do not have a regular physician and do not plan to get one should call the hospital for an appointment at 935-5215, and a physician’s referral will be arranged.
When calling 935-5215 to make an appointment, women should be sure to mention that they wish to take advantage of the Sponsored Mammogram Program.

Mammograms are provided in the warm and inviting atmosphere of the Sonoma Valley Hospital diagnostic imaging annex, the Carolyn J. Stone Center for Women’s Health, located at 246 Perkins St.
Sonoma Valley Hospital is able to offer this potentially life-saving program because of the generosity of the community. Donations in support of the hospital make this and other programs, equipment and enhancements possible.

For information about making a donation to SVH, contact Harmony Plenty at 935-5070 or hplenty@svh.com.






LIFE IS GOOD

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie