Some of the key points I picked up during this program are:
- Which foods support healthy weight maintenance and optimal energy
- Which foods undermine efforts to lose weight
- How to stock a healthy pantry
- Tips and recipes for preparing foods that support weight loss and fight cancer recurrence
- Nutrition guidelines for weight loss and to prevent cancer recurrence
- Which forms of exercise support weight and healthy weight maintenance.
- Dirty Dozen and Clean 15, EWG's 2011 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce
- Mendosa.com - A great website which features an excellent table on the Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL) of foods, which is all about the quality of the carbohydrates, rather than the quantity.
- Great cookbooks by Rebecca Katz : One Bite At a Time. Cancer Fighting Kitchen
- Good brands to look for: Eden - great for canned products, Strauss products are very good and local; Nordic Naturals and Carlson are good for vitamins and supplements and Oliver's, Whole Foods and Pure Formulas Website are all good sources for vitamins and supplements.
- Parkpoint Sonoma offers a program for cancer survivors.
- Stepping Out With Stanford - a program which includes a very good pedometer for $25.00