LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Monday, April 8, 2013

Bronchitis


If you come down with bronchitis, and I sure hope you don't, a current treatment seems to be prescribing an abuterol (steroid) inhaler along with a codeine cough syrup for night. The inhaler is to help open airways and make breathing easier (apparently my airway was so blocked I needed a breathing treatment before the PCP could hear if it had worked into pneumonia). The cough syrup, well that is self explanatory. And after all the coughing I have been doing for 6 days now, bring it on.

My recommendation is to be very wary of the inhaler. I barely slept at all this weekend from the steroids of the inhaler; like about 2-4 hours per night. And then I didn't even nap at all the following days.

So I called in to the office again today, and my PCP, who was not available when I went in on Friday, said that sometimes the inhalers work well. But many times they do not. With the horrible weekend I had on the inhaler, I had already stopped using it waiting for the call back from the doctor, and he did recommend I not use it.

Tonight is the test. Wish me a good nights sleep, cause I sure need one.

And, oh by the way, I've been drinking tons of tea, water, and soup, got Vicks on board, vaporizer in place, and night time cold drugs as well. 

Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

I LOVE comments. Thanks for visiting!




1 comment:

  1. Okay; so later I learn the abuterol is not a steroid; but it does contain something that can keep you awake. And it sure did!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie