LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hope I May Finally be on the Mend

Oh dear, this bronchitis has been almost the worst thing I could imagine. Of course cancer treatment was much worse, but at least I had a picture of what to expect at the onset of treatment. But all the unknowns of the bronchitis are wearing thin on me.

So you may recall that I saw my doctor a week ago yesterday (sure feels much longer). I had been sick nearly five days already with low grade fever (never over 100.7) violent and continuous coughing, which seemed focused mainly in the chest. She prescribed a nebulizer and codeine cough syrup to help with sleep. Oh dear, everything got much worse over the weekend and I think I barely slept 2 hrs each night from Friday through Monday morning.

I called back in on Monday and got my regular PCP then and told him what was going on. Apparently the nebulizer can be a stimulant and it was amping me up big time. I had already stopped it Monday morning thinking this was the culprit, but it took a couple more nights before I even felt tired. Not that I could sleep with all the coughing, but when you are wide awake, and coughing, well sleep is impossible.

So I continued with the cough syrup, some other nyquil type products, and even a sleep aid I had from chemo days, Trazodone. But still could not sleep. Now it was the cough -- continues, dry, yet lots of mucous in my sinus now, which is were my colds usually settle, not in my chest. In fact, I had just completed a 5 day sinusitis antibiotic three weeks earlier from the cold of the month previous.

On Thursday, I call in again, and get the doc who I saw on the visit the Friday before. She determines that I have a sinus infection; and while the antibiotics (a bit stronger and more frequent than the last) will not help my bronchitis (bronchitis is 80-90% Viral, not bacterial), it will help the sinus infection. I started that antibiotic Thursday evening and have now had a full days dose in me by now, Saturday morning. I must say that the head and sinus were much less congested yesterday afternoon and I even napped in bed for a short spell then. So my hope was I could sleep better last night.

I did sleep "better" but still sitting up in bed coughing every 1-2 hours or so, all night long. Then by 5am, usually I can get a full 2-3 hours in, for some reason.

So, time will tell. And somehow I have the feeling I'll be calling in again next week if I'm not sleeping at least in 4 hour increments by then. How can someone heal if they aren't sleeping????

Hoping, dreaming..... of   Z   Z   Z   Z   Z      -SLEEP

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!


LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

I LOVE comments. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie