LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sick of Being Sick

Yes, that's me. I'm very sick of being sick!

I'm on my third cold/flu/sickness since Christmas week, and it's wearing on me and my husband. And believe it or not, I did get a flu shot in the Fall. The thing he is sick of, is my coughing. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sick of all the coughing too. The February cold was probably already coming on, when we went out camping and i got chilled. That one turned into a sinus infection. This is not new to me, although it has been years since I've had one. But this new cold which came on a couple of days ago, seems to be in the chest and head. I can hear wheezing in my chest when I am breathing  at night, head is all stuffed up, and I ran a low grade fever yesterday.

Next Tuesday, I have my six month check up with my oncologist. At that point it will be nearly two years since my last chemo treatment, and a year and a half since completing all breast cancer treatment. A question that I have for Oncologist is about my immune system, and if it is still compromised from the Chemo in 2011. I was feeling so good for so long, but this winter has been very trying.

So for now, I'm drinking lots of fluids, soup, tea with honey, OJ, Kefir, taking some decongestants, and resting a lot. Which feels like the right thing to be doing on this rainy Spring day.  I hope I can knock it down quickly and be on the mend soon.


Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

I LOVE comments. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Poor girl, i feel your pain (ie, cough). I had the same kind of winter & nurses are terrible patients. By the time i went to the Dr, it was pneumonia. You start to wonder if you'll ever feel better. Sounds like your doing the right stuff, just don't ignore the wheezing. Congrats on your Blog Award!! Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Decided to get checked out today and it is bronchitis. So I will follow the docs orders and sure hope this resolves itself soon. I don't know how much more coughing my ribs and back can take!

      Delete
  2. Praying for you.

    I have just begun the breast cancer war. Started a blog too, http://invasionoftheboobysnatcher.blogspot.com/

    currently trying to decide my course of attack on the invader inside me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie