LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just a broken record

Yep, that's me. Sounding just like a broken record, repeating over and over again....

I AM SO SICK OF BEING SICK.

Oops, I guess I meant to say "shouting over and over again". Yes, yet again I have a bug -- low fever ranging for last 3 days that zaps all your energy, and a nagging cough that just won't quit. And just this morning sneezing and a runny nose. My ribs are sore, AGAIN!!!

Yes you've read all about it here before, and in a few other posts since the end of December, but I think I did not mention the horrible flu bug we both got right after the bronchitis/sinus infection that lasted most of April. Just when I thought I was on the mend from the chest/head cold, but really felt like it wasn't completely resolved, then a week of the flu. It wasn't pretty.

But  this time I can blame it on Mark. I don't really blame him, mind you, he is the one who rarely gets sick. But he did get this one before me for a change. I thought that because of everything that had been going on of late, my immune system was surely buffered up enough to escape his cold. NOT!

If we're counting, this is like number 5 since very end of December. That is just too much.

So yesterday was spent with absolute minimal energy on the farm. The rest of the day involved three naps, and catching up on all the back episodes of Mr. Selfridge and Call the Midwife. I did have a bit of brain power for a few rows of knitting too. But I'm feeling another nap coming on already this morning.

So stay away from me, if you can. And I am staying clear of everyone too. Although I do need to get presentable and make a trip out to reload my arsenal of wellness and decongestant tricks; especially the one for overnight.

For those who may be wondering, I recently asked both my oncologist and PCP if perhaps my immune system was still down from chemo and maybe there was something else I should be doing to boost it. They both pushed that thought aside with the comment that there is so much of this, especially bronchitis, going around right now and that I just needed to give it some time. 

Here's to tomorrow ~ and the hope of having whooped this thing and feeling like a new woman.

And in closing, please continue to send prayers of strength and comfort to my dear friend and her husband at this time (and their entire family), that Hospice is keeping him comfortable and his transition to the other world comes quickly and peacefully.

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!



LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •


I LOVE comments. Thanks for visiting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie