LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Has Sprung & Asking for Hugs for a Dear Friend

Although it is overcast and looking like rain here this morning, we had quite the heat spell through most of April -- feeling like Summer, rather than Spring. The roses are bursting out all over and I can hardly keep them dead headed. But they are so enjoyable just there on the bush.



After a bit of a setback, I seem to be on the mend. No sooner was I feeling just barely able to handle our shearing day on April 16th of 40+ alpacas, but a couple of days later Mark and I came down with a horrible flu virus that pretty much knocked us back down for a full week. I was glad to lose a few pounds..... but.....

Just wish this horrible sounding cough would resolve itself now. Guess that will take some time.

So we seem to be back to our old selves (knock on wood), and I am back to my two days a week with the grandsons after missing seeing my Nico for nearly a month. No better de-stresser than my grandbabies, who are getting oh so big.
 






I am so glad I finally did start feeling better right before our first annual sister's weekend retreat to Dillon Beach. It was the first for all four sisters, and hopefully will be an annual event.









Donna was out for a full week too so she got to meet the adorable grandsons, we visited Mom's friend (and my god mother) Lorraine, ran errands, planned and hosted a big family BBQ, and tried to get some walking and relaxing in as well. But I think I exhausted her. Although it was a much more enjoyable visit than the two she made out in 2011 when I was going through chemo and surgery. Thank goodness that is all behind me.




So now it is time to get into a Spring/Summer routine around the farm, skirt fiber for the mill, finally get out into my long forgotten garden, decide how to eradicate a bunch of nasty ivy, maybe plant some tomatoes, or not.

But before closing, I need to ask you all to send healing thoughts to a dear friend who's husband has been fighting pancreatic cancer for about 9 months after having surgery back then. He was somewhat stable over the Summer and Fall, but now my heart aches to the core to say that Hospice has been called in since the chemo is not working, and he probably does not have long before he will be out of pain and in peace. They both can surely use our collective surround of gentle hugs at this time. Be strong, sweet friend. We are all here for you in this time of sorrow.


Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!



LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •


I LOVE comments. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie