LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, July 12, 2013

Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 

The courage to change the things I can, 

And wisdom to know the difference.


Tuesday I had a CT Scan of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis. My oncologist requested this CT based on elevated liver enzymes from the regular lab work scheduled every six months or so. The tumor markers, which I don't believe they've checked on me before, all came back within normal ranges in that lab test. 

As you can imagine, this made for a very anxious couple of days as this is the first time, since completing treatment, that I've had this kind of scare. All along, both my Oncologist and new Cardiologist (that is a story for another day), indicated they thought the liver issue is related to another  health issue and not cancer. Mark and I were so very hopeful that this was the case, because another new blow right now might just tip the scale of what we can all deal with at the moment. So of course it was all very nerve wracking, to say the least, leading up to the scan and the two days since.

On Thursday, I met with my oncologist to review the results of the scan. And Yippee, Feet Clicking, Dancing a Jig (well not actually), there is no cancer. So we will concentrate on the "other stuff" and feel very relieved and blessed that I am still a SURVIVOR!!!

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!



LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •


I LOVE comments. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie