LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Great Cardiology Appointments & Weight Continues to Drop

I saw my regular cardiologist last Thursday, and to quote him, "Your heart is in nirvana". He then went on to say it was the calmest it has been so far. AND, no galloping heartbeat.

This weekend we were able to spend two lovely nights in Tahoe with dear friends. And on our way to the Sierra Mountains, we stopped in Davis to wish Alura and Stephan a happy birthday and to see sweet little Nico.  She turned 40 on Sunday and Stephan turned 39 on Monday. My how time has flown. Can it really be 40 years since my firstborn entered into this world and brought us the wonderful joy of parenthood? Our weekend away was so wonderful; and we even experienced the first light snowfall of the year. Thank goodness it was brief and light, as our friends daughter competed in the Ironman Triathalon on Sunday. We got to see her ride by during the cycling part of the event and she was all smiles and waves. Such a beautiful sight. Sadly we left a day earlier than originally planned as the altitude was a bit of a challenge for my heart. It was the right thing to do, though, as I am feeling much better today.

At my last appointment, we scheduled an Echo for next week to double check on if there has been improvement in my heart, especially the EF. BUT; should my echo show an EF of over 35, then it will be quite the miraculous improvement, according to the cardiologist; and I will not be eligible for an ICD implant.  I would imagine I'll be dancing a jig, if that happens. One can be hopeful, right? But then we'll need to see where we go from there.
Today I had the consult for the ICD implant with Dr. Chang-Sing, which is now scheduled for the end of October.  I will need a cardiac catheterization before implant is approved, but that will happen soon as well by Dr. Dhar. We'll probably talk about that when I do the Echo next week. Such fun!!! :-)

The ICD implant needs to happen soon as the 3 months on this defibrillator vest is coming up soon. So, all positive news; except the scary part about the procedures -- procedures are always scary, aren't they??? :-)

If nothing else, Hubby and I are taking time for some yummy dinners/lunches after my appointments. this also gives us quiet time to hash over what was discussed, and what are the next steps. Tonight was Pizzeria Rosso! It was so delicious.

After the implant, I'll need to be very careful for six weeks with lifting and reaching to make sure the leads into the heart and the ICD stay where they should. I will miss picking up my two little men until nearer the first of the year. I so wish I could; but we'll still spend time together.

More good news is that the scale continues to show weight loss. Woohoo! I'm into a new group of tens and that makes me very happy. Heck, maybe I'll need to go shopping for new pants soon. These are starting to droop and sag like some young kids wear these days.

Debbie... aka the cancer SURVIVOR, AND now the Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!



LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •



Comments are good. Please leave one for me so I know you visited. AND thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie