LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Moving For Life ~ Wonderful Breast Cancer Exercise Program

From time to time I get a solicitation from someone who wants me to share something on my Blog. (You'd be surprised at some of them, hence the need to monitor comments before allowing them to publicly post on the Blog. )

Most are quite worthy, and this is one of them.

Moving For Life, a unique aerobic dance-exercise class created especially for women recovering from breast cancer.  The class has been offered in the New York City area at no cost, for more than a decade, and now has been released on a DVD, MOVING FOR LIFE-DANCE TO RECOVERY, so women across the U.S. can benefit.

Take a peak here in a recent interview with two of the co-founders on NPR’s HERE AND NOW. It makes me want to stand up and dance right now, and probably will give you the same feeling.
According to the Moving For Life Non-Profit Website, "numerous recent medical studies conclude that regular aerobic exercise after breast cancer helps alleviate side effects of treatment, prevent recurrence, and renew a sense of self and community. MOVING FOR LIFE focuses on these aspects directly creating a fun and supportive environment in the process.

Winner of 2010 Susan G. Komen Grant, MOVING FOR LIFE was created by three friends, Dr. Annie Rosen (psychologist and breast cancer survivor), Dr. Martha Eddy (exercise physiologist), and Jan Albert (film and television producer), in reaction to watching close friends and family struggle with cancer treatments."
The DVD MOVING FOR LIFE-DANCE TO RECOVERY includes seated and standing exercises set to upbeat pop music, interviews with a leading breast surgeon, and reflections from the dancers on their recovery experiences and offering words of encouragement.

If you are going through breast cancer treatment, are a cancer survivor, or know someone who is, please share this information. Thank you!


Debbie... aka the cancer SURVIVOR, AND now the Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

Comments are good. Please leave one for me so I know you visited. AND thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie