LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Procedure Day

Tomorrow is the big day.... Procedure Day.
Up bright and early for the cardiac catheterization followed by an ICD implant (pacemaker/defibrillator. 
If all goes as planned, I'll stay overnight in the hospital so the doctors and nurses have time to make sure everything is operating properly, and then will return home the following day. Recovery is a couple of weeks initially, then a total of six weeks where I can't lift or reach overhead so the ICD and leads have the chance to take hold securely. Then every 6 years or so I'll get a new ICD as the batteries last about this long.
One thing for sure is, even though there is anxiety with any hospital procedure, Mark and I are both so looking forward to saying adios to "my little friend", as Mark calls it, the Zoll LifeVest, which is an external defibrillator vest. Not only is this device a life saver, literally, but it can also be a pain too. So just to no longer need to wear it 24/7, have the controller unit slung over my shoulder, and the vest around my chest, both connected by a long cord, will be quite a relief. Being able to change into a clean vest, or to shower or bath whenever I want, without needing someone nearby "just in case" will be wonderful. 
 The controller unit worn on a shoulder strap.
 Yippee; clicking heals!!!
Debbie... aka the cancer SURVIVOR, AND now the Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

Comments are good. Please leave one for me so I know you visited. AND thanks for visiting!


 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Debbie! I have a friend who is now 50 years old and had this same device implanted about five years ago. He's happy, healthy and enjoying life. I'm sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie