LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Monday, December 2, 2013

Step - By - Step; We're Getting There

It's been very slow going for over a month now, which has been hard on me emotionally. Sometimes you just wonder if this is it; is this as good as I'll be?

I struggled Thanksgiving Day, putting on a happy face as best I could at my brothers house. It was a lovely day full of family. Matt and Marie hosted us at their comfy home in Petaluma, along with their boys, Matisse 10 and Malone 5. Ken and Christine were there with Cam (18) and Kiana (13). Ed was there and is doing really well these days. And it was so good to see Nancy and Nat, after Nat's major colon cancer surgery just 5 weeks earlier. I hadn't seen them since surgery day and they are doing as best as can be expected considering all they have been through and everything ahead of them.

And of course the two most adorable grandsons in the world arrived, Gaige and Nico, with their parents. Now that will put a smile on your face for sure.

But at one point it was apparent I had shed some tears, and siblings and kids all wanted to help in some way. I had just talked to Donna on the phone and was having a moment of melancholy and feeling sorry for myself -- wanting to be feeling so much better and SOON! The last month was wearing on me and I was having a hard time hiding it.

It's just that my whole system is not working as it should, and the indigestion and belly aches come and go, but seem to come more than they go. I can only figure that it is all about blood flow, or lack thereof. It is apparent my heart is struggling still, after the bad cold a month ago. And digestion needs blood flow. So everything seems to be moving in slow motion and my entire system is all discombobulated. How's that for a medical term? :-) I'm back to low dose diuretics almost daily; which help a lot, but also cause havoc too.

Then there is lack of sleep, and on, and on. So I was very careful for Thanksgiving. I figured that if I did not eat one bite until dinner, then at least the miserable bloated feeling and indigestion would not come on till a couple hours later and we could head for home then. And that sort of worked. And actually I felt a bit better that evening than I had been, and the following day too. 

So I'm thinking I have made two steps forward this weekend, and that gives me hope. I took a very good 2-hour nap yesterday. And today I made my first walk in over a month to the mailbox. Mind you, the trip back is steep and I had to stop several times to catch my breath and give my heart a chance to recover. For one thing is sure, I did not want my ICD to need to shock me on this little 3/4 mile walk I was on. I MADE IT! I felt like I had climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, or something; but I did it. And it is something I was not up to trying until today, as the short walks around the yard practically did me in over the last few weeks.

I haven't seen the improvement in my heart function that I had hoped for after the 90 days on all the heart meds that had been hinted on earlier when I started this medicine regime. But I am making progress. And that I will cling to for the moment. Any little thing will help right now.

And of course these two cutie pies make me forget all my woes.

G R A N D S O N S   &   C O U S I N S

~ THANKSGIVING DAY ~


Lots of fun on the trampoline.
Snack and diaper time.

Debbie... aka the cancer SURVIVOR, AND now the Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

Comments are good. Please leave one for me so I know you visited. AND thanks for visiting!




1 comment:

  1. Awesome post, Deb! My heart aches for you and I pray that you will recover quickly and get to a place where you are feeling better soon. Thanksgiving Day was great. We have so much to be thankful for. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie