LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Monday, November 10, 2014

YSC Tour de Pink, West Coast

Last month, Mark and I were invited to participate in the 2014 Tour de Pink West Coast (TdP), put on by Young Survivor Coalition (YSC) It was an honor and a privilege to be part of the Cadence Sports staff team working this event.

2014 Tour de Pink West Coast was held October 17 - 18. The ride went from Paso Robles, CA to Point Mugu, CA. The three-day ride took an inspirational journey along the coast and through California's wine country. TdP is a rolling community, inspiring those who ride and work the event, and supporting young women. Riders choose to ride all three days (200 miles) or for one day.

Young Survivor Coalition (YSC) is a global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so women feel supported, empowered and hopeful.

YSC was founded in 1998 by three young women who were under the age of 35 when diagnosed. They were discouraged by the lack of resources available and the under-representation of young women in breast cancer research. Today, YSC is the go-to organization for young women facing a breast cancer diagnosis.


Here are some of our photos from the Staff side of the event.

Pizza night the evening we arrive and before all the fun began.

Some of the schwag that went into the goody bags for the riders.

First day ... and they're off.

Getting ready for afternoon check-in of riders.

Boston Strong

Friends & family greet riders in Solvang 


Greeting Dad at the finish line

Final day ends on the beautiful beach of Point Mugu

My new friend, and rider, Debbie, and her friends.


Here are some images from the event organizers.

Sure hope I have the energy to participate again next year. The event was very rewarding, but involved long, tiring days of all staff members. I pulled it off this year, but maybe once was enough. Time will tell.


 Life is Good...

Debbie... aka the cancer SURVIVOR, 
AND now the Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie