LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Love our Christmas Celebrations

Christmas has come and gone, and we survived some kind of intestinal bug. It took DH down pretty good for nearly a full week. Thankfully I only had to deal with it for a couple of days, and a much milder version. Regardless, it is never fun to be sick around Christmas. We were well for the actual holiday, though, so that is a positive note to it all.

We started off all the fun with our annual family holiday gathering. This is where most of my siblings come over for a day of nibbles and holiday cheer. As usual, my dear sweet sister and her family from Montana were greatly missed. A younger brother had a bug and wasn't able to join us either. But between our daughters and their families, including the three most adorable grandchildren I know (wink, wink), four of my siblings and their families, two cousins and spouses, and Gaigey's other Nana, auntie, uncle, and cousin, it was a full house and loads of fun. Everyone pitches in and brings appetizer type plates for us to graze on throughout the afternoon. Then of course there is some gift sharing, lots of visiting, playing outside on what was a nice sunny December Saturday, and just lots of fun times.

Then our girls and families join us Christmas Eve for a wonderful Cioppino dinner and overnighter. We are blessed that they still stay over and we can experience the magic of Christmas morning with them and their three little ones. I imagine that won't last for too many more years as they will most likely want to be in their own home for Santa to visit. Time will tell. Two 3-yr old boys in the house made for quite the active household. But I think everyone slept reasonably well. It was such fun to see the boys interact and play. They are so different, yet alike. It is such fun to see these two cousins getting to know each other and learning to share and play together. It can be such a challenge for a child who is learning all about and exerting their independence. But I think everyone had a good time together.

So now we have the house back to ourselves and are looking forward to a New Year.

I hope you enjoy a few snapshots from our holiday fun.

Alura and Madeleine Mae, our newest member of the family (nearly 5 months)


Nico & Maddie


Auntie Sarah reading to Nico & Maddie

Gaige getting Maddie to smile & laugh.


                               Cousin Denise & I
 

                                                                     Bob & Christine





And New Year's Eve, my sweetie of 42 years (our romance began on New Year's Eve) enjoyed a late lunch at one of our favorites - Rosso Pizzeria, then a movie (Wild), and home by 7:30pm. I think this should be a New Year's Eve tradition. I mean, one can start a new tradition at 42 years into a relationship, can't they?






2015 ~ We welcome you with open arms. 

Life is Good...

Debbie... aka the cancer SURVIVOR, 
AND now the Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie