LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Lunch Bunch

 


And I know of three of them just off the top of my head. Two are dear friends who I see once a month. We get together for lunch each month with a group of cancer survivors & metsters, and another friend who lost her husband to cancer. Then there is a blogger from a neighboring town who I have been following since I had breast cancer in 2011. She has MBC. And I wonder how many others I encounter on a daily basis who I don't even know about.

It's pretty sad how our group of 6 who meet monthly for lunch, as mentioned above, is growing. This summer we added another local gal who went through breast cancer treatment. And I just learned there is another local gal who may be joining us when we get together next week. We all would prefer to not have new members in our little "club"; but the odds seem to be against us. We can only hope that they go through their own "lost year"(as my husband called it when I was going through breast cancer chemo, surgery & radiation), and then are in remiaaion and get on with some form of normalcy to their lives. But statistics show that 20 - 30% of people initially diagnosed with breast cancer,  will later have a recurrence and develop metastatic breast cancer. And that frightens the heck out of me.



By bringing awareness to this subject through my Blog, I can only hope that future research will eventually find a way to prevent breast cancer before it even begins. Wouldn't that just be the best thing ever. But for now, it's all about time.And that is why I'm participating in the #ItsAboutTimeMBC #breast cancer awareness campaign. #ItsAboutTimeMBC highlights the importance of time to #metastatic patients. 


Did you know...

  • An estimated 155,000 Americans are currently living with metastatic breast cancer.
  •  Metastatic breast cancer accounts for approximately 40,000 deaths annually in the U.S.
  • Early detection does not guarantee a cure. Metastatic breast cancer can occur 5, 10 or 15 years after a person’s original diagnosis and successful treatment checkups and annual mammograms.
What does time mean to you? To me it means time with family, friends and loved ones. And tonight I did just that.

To learn more about the #ItsAboutTimeMBC campaign, and how you can get involved, visit http://itsabouttimembc.com/home/



Life is Good...

Debbie... aka the cancer SURVIVOR, 
AND now the Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! Comments are good. I look forward to your comment.

1 comment:

  1. So sad to report only a few months later (February 2016) that we have lost one MBC member of our Lunch Bunch group, and now I am diagnosed with LMBC (Liver metastasized breast cancer).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie