- If I experience significant side effects that are intolerable or there is progression to the disease, there are other chemo regimes, including taxol, that can be used.
- We'll be doing a CT Scan after 2 chemo chcles (6 weeks) of carboplatin/gemcitabine. If the liver responds and/or breast, then we would continue this cocktail for possible 4-6 total cycles.
- Based upon my response to chemo, I could consider palbociclib and fulvestrant. Timing would depend upon response to chemo. And keep in touch with UCSF since other clinical trials using other cyclin dependent kinase inhibitors or MTOR inhibitors may be an option in future.
- Immunotherapy has a slow response rate in BC and since this is growing quickly, we would hold off on this now. Maybe an option for the future.
- You will be on lifelong treatment with different combinations of chemo or hormonal therapy.
- Any questions, please contact us.
|Yay, we're done. Let's get some lunch!|
AND a Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •