The following summarizes most of the information contained in April's email which might be appropriate to others:
• Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center http://cancer.ucsf.edu/breastcarecenter/treatment/metastatic_breastcancer
• Healthwise® Knowledgebase Breast Cancer Metastatic or Recurrent: Topic Overview
• Living Beyond Breast Cancer www.livingbeyondbreastcancer.com/Audiences/Living-with-Metastatic-Breast-Cancer Offers news on advanced disease, treatments and updates on clinical trials.
These links point to places where you can make your own question-lists and staff record your appointments
• HerStory Free downloadable app (iPhone or Android) that virtually connects women with breast cancer to women like themselves. You can choose to listen to stories or contribute your story. Stories are organized by topic such as Surgery & Recovery, Reconstruction or not, and Emotional support. http://www.22otters.com/herstory.html
I hope some of this information is helpful to others. This is just a small portion of resources provided. I omitted anything which appeared to be specific to patients of UCSF.
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •