LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, March 25, 2016

So Far So Good on Second Chemo; but Jury Still Out

Today went well during my second chemotherapy infusion.  I had a single drug,  Carboplatin (aka Paraplatin - an alkylating agent

It is always a joy to spend time with my daughters, and my chemo partner for the last two infusions has been Sarah. How can you go wrong with chemo, Target for Easter goodies, and Cannibas shopping? And so much thanks to Gaige's Nana for taking him today so she could be there with me.

First we stopped at Target for me so I could get a few goodies for the Grand Kids. Man that was hard, I held onto and leaned on that cart for sure. It was my walker for the excursion. We didn't stay long but found some fun stuff.

Yesterday I had to go in alone and it was so overwhelming. Today, their Notary was in so Sarah is now my Certified Care Giver, which means she can go into the product room with me and even pick up things if I am not able to. Because I referred her, I got a coupon good for a free Rice Krispy bar, which I didn't pass up.

Yesterday at the Medicial Marijuana store, we purchased a chocolate bar of 50/50 CBD and THC. The flavor was overly strong for me and I think the THC was too much. I didn't like the taste in my mouth or the way my head felt. But the tincture we got 18/1 CBD/THC, was much better. The spray nozzle seemed to be malfunctioning and they professionally swapped it out for a new one. That was great to know.

So today we looked at teas, candy stars, honey. I skipped the tea thinking I can use the home in my own tea, and bought some hot cinnamon and watermelon candies. You never know, they may be the trick again.





But his day isn't  usually a bad experience in my chemo cycle. It just brings a very foggy feeling. Then tomorrow the steroids wtill still be on board and it is usually another good day. I sure hope so because we plan to celebrate Sarah's 40th Birthday & Easter, both a day early, since it is Sunday that I'm very anxious about. Hopefully it won't be as bad as a week ago. 

I do have to relish in the fact that it was a gorgeous afternoon out and about Bennett Valley and Santa Rosa. We couldn't have asked for more Spring Beauty. So for this I am very thankful.

Now I am home and will put my feet up and recoup for tomorrow.


THANK YOU for continuing to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Life is Good... SOMETIMES

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, no longer a SURVIVOR, 
AND a Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! Comments are good. I look forward to your comments.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie