LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Monday, April 25, 2016

A "Bye" From Chemo This Week

I do not have chemo this week, on purpose. My schedule is two weeks on (one day each of those weeks), and one week off. YIPPEE. This is my week off!

I told Mark last night that I think I feel normal finally, for this chemo cycle. And while it may not be 100% normal, as there always seems to be a little something going on like indigestion or a mild tummy ache, it is darn close. And I am going to try to enjoy this week as best I can. (Thank god the nauseau and almost vomiting Friday night, after the day went so well otherwise, seems to be behind me -- for the moment).

Yesterday I finally had enough gumption to take a walk to the mailbox and get upstairs to my sewing room for a few hours. Haven't felt like that in weeks now. I thought this chemo infusion B (as in A the first week, and B the second week of each cycle) would be easier and I'd recover quicker. It was easier than the A week, but the recovery seemed no quicker -- it took a full seven days. GRRRR!

The rest of my yard/garden may be a disaster of ivy and blackberries...

... but these sweet pots outside the front door and living room deck, and my rose garden (above)...


... give me joy, and are manageable my me.

And then these wonders of nature greeted me on my walk to the mailbox.
My latest block in the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Along. Block #47 Joy
"Joy brings joy, laughter brings laughter, happiness brings happiness. So why not just continue to be joyful, happy, and full of laughter"

I do have appointments the first 3 days of this week, Cardiologist, CT Scan with Contrast, then oncology massage. This will be my first oncology massage this time around. I have a dear friend who is certified and helped me some 5 years ago. So I am looking forward to this.

And how could I forget our much awaited Dallara family gathering at Christine & Ken's this weekend. Woohoo. Long overdue.

So far my hair continues to thin, but it is still there.  :-) It seems to have stopped thinning right now, so maybe this 3rd week off will give it chance to recover and I won't be bald this time. Although I had fully expected it.

I'm looking forward to getting out in a bit for the cardiologist checkup. I've been very housebound and so looking forward to riding in my sweet CRV (new to us just as this newest journey began exactly two months ago tomorrow. My how time flies when you are having fun. But I love my little car, and haven't been able to drive it much. Thank goodness I figured out how most everything works in it before this all happened; or I'd be lost for sure. 

My Cardiologist is checking me frequently during chemo to be sure my heart is doing ok, considering my heart failure and how hard chemo drugs were on it. Hopefully I will be up for some errands as well, maybe even lunch out. We shall see how it goes.


Please send out all the positive vibes, thoughts, prayers, light some incense... whatever you like - for a positive result from the CT Scan tomorrow. This will be our barometer on how chemo has worked so far from these two cycles (4 infusions) and I'm hanging my hat on DIE, CANCER DIE. YOU ARE MESSING WITH THE WRONG WOMAN!!!

 
This takes us back to Relay Sonoma August 2011

THANK YOU for continuing to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.


Life is Good... SOMETIMES

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.



1 comment:

  1. Plus, we get to see you Saturday! Love you bunches <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie