LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Chemo Infusion Went Well & the Day After Too

Chemo infusion went well on Monday. My sister, Christine, drove me and we had a fun day together, believe it or not. It gave us a nice opportunity to catch up and run some errands as well after wards. We got a window seat this time, and Matt was my infusion nurse. He is fairly new to this medical group, but not new to oncology/infusion nursing. And Mark always packs me a nice snack/lunch bag so we enjoyed some ginger cookies and such.

They did as my oncologist told me to expect. And that was decreased the steroids from 20 down to 12, whatever that means. And added Emend, which is a 5-day anti-nausea medication. So I'm hopeful for an easier time of it in two days when the worst has happened before.

We sat and chatted for the 3 hours of the infusion and caught up on family and kids and work, and me, etc. That was great. There was a sweet older lady to my left who Christine was able to help with her chair (the recliner foot can be hard to put up and down) and getting her infusion pump rolling bar thingy back in place when she took a bathroom break. And there was a nice man to my right who we chatted with a bit too. He was there for an iron infusion.


3rd chemo in action.

We left there around 3pm and headed to check on counter tops for Christine's bathroom project, and then to CVS to drop off my prescription for pain meds, just in case I need them. Then it was off to a Vietnamese restaurant next to Trader Joe's for Pho Soup. Yum, it was good. I think I found a new place for Mark and I to try when we frequent Round Barn. We didn't get back to home until 6:30pm with some take out Pho for Mark and Ken, but I was doing fine, just fuzzy headed and full of steroids.

But look what I received via text from Alura during the day to make me smile. This little girl, in this adorable outfit, dress courtesy of her big brother's preschool garage sale fundraiser, her bike helmet, and adorable shoes. She is quite the scooter girl, I might add. And when she isn't pushing it around the neighborhood backwards like a dolly stroller, she is riding it like a pro, all at 20 months young.




20 months and she rides a scooter like  champ, when she isn't pushing it around like a stroller.

So now it is Tuesday night and today has gone very well. I've actually gotten out on my own this morning for some lab work in Sonoma, a visit to the bank, and to see Sarah. I returned home around 2pm ready for a nap, and now we are about to sit down for a bit of TV at 9:30pm. Tomorrow is usually the bitch of a day, but I'm feeling very positive that it will be much better than the first chemo, which was really bad. 

So "hopeful" is my mantra at the moment.


THANK YOU for continuing to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.


Life is Good... SOMETIMES

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, no longer a SURVIVOR, 
AND a Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.
 


1 comment:

  1. Yay, sending virtual hugs, love and support for you ~ my friend, my sister, my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie