LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, April 8, 2016

Port Draw and Oncology Check Up Before Chemo

All went well at my Dr. appointment with Oncologist Ian Anderson this morning. My labs are all stable and good to go for chemo on Monday. That is a good sign. I am still slightly anemic, but it is nothing to worry about. (It's been like that for a few weeks now.)

Dr. Anderson said that they will ease up a bit on the steroids in Monday's infusion, and then use a different anti-nausea drug then that will give me about 5 days relief. So hopefully this, and the fact this will be my second time with this two-drug cocktail, will make it a bit easier on me, and not knock me out in bed for 2 days where I can barely lift my head, and then sitting over a bowl the next two days, as happened last time. So I am going into this one very optimistic and trying to forget about the the first infusion of cycle 1.

And he said, the hair loss may stabilize after a few days and just thin out, rather than going completely bald. 

Still a very fatigued day. But info tells me that it can be the disease as much as the chemo, causing the severe fatigue. And this makes good sense, especially since the low back pain is mildly present, which tells me the liver is talking back to me, as I would expect, considering what it is going through.



And of course, all is better when we get out for a lovely lunch before or after these appointments that don't involve chemo. And today we frequented one of our many favorites between Round Barn and Glen Ellen -- Rosso Pizzeria.
So all good news, for sure.


~ I am hopeful ~

THANK YOU for continuing to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.


Life is Good... SOMETIMES

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, no longer a SURVIVOR, 
AND a Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
LIVESTRONG

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie