LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Thursday, April 28, 2016

These Are the Good Days

Feeling so good; I can hardly recall what that was like. Am enjoying every last second until next Wednesday when the next infusion cycle begins (Cycle #3, infusion #5.

In the meantime, yesterday (Wednesday) was one of my best days for quite some time: fantastic massage, lunch at one of my old Napa haunts, malfatti take out for dinner later, a beautiful drive to Napa and back with a bit of sight seeing along the way (I got out on my own all day), walking with Sarah & Ruby to get Gaige at school today (he is always so happy to see me there and seems so surprised), then a forced stop at the new and delicious ice cream shop on the plaza since rain drops kept us from proceeding home (Well, it was a legitimate excuse for ice cream) and time with them at their house to visit and for me to catch a cat nap. Home around 7pm. Bed time... Nighty night.


Then today Mark drove us out to the beach, Doran Park to be exact. We walked a full 2 miles and enjoyed the sun, waves, birds, and wonderful beach air and smell. I'll tell you, the walking can be exhausting, especially uphill in sand. But I must rebuild my stamina to keep my heart healthy during all this, as the Cardiologist impressed upon us on Monday how he is watching me very closely and has me set with checkups every 6 weeks, and how things could change in a heart beat. (No pun intended)

We topped it off with a stop at the kite shop to inquire about a cool kite we had seen a few weeks back. They are checking into it for us. And then it was the Boat House for some fish and chips (make mine prawns and chips). And home around 5pm.


All perfect sand dollars Mark found for me. We left them there for others to enjoy


Like my new SF Giants hat with furry ear muffs? Toasty warm.
No news on the CT Scan of this past Wednesday yet. I'm going with the plan that no news is good news. I expect that my oncologist is planning to review it with me when I see him next Wednesday. Meanwhile, I am checking my online patient portal daily, just in case.

Did I tell you that I am looking forward to learning more about the Healthevoices conference for next year. They say...
Social media is shaping the way patients and caregivers make decisions about their healthcare, and online health advocates and bloggers are at the forefront of this movement. In an effort to support online health advocates who offer such important support to others facing medical challenges, Janssen has created HealtheVoices™ - a groundbreaking empowerment and leadership conference created for online health advocates and bloggers.

Looks like it could be right up my alley. They have me on their contact list for the future.

For now, it is supposed to be a gorgeous weekend and I am so looking forward to our family gathering at Ken & Christine's home in Sonoma.


Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!

THANK YOU for continuing to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.


Life is Good... Most of the time.

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie