LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Chemo a Tad More Tolerable Last Time

It has been 6 days since my last chemo, and things were just a tad more tolerable than the first chemo of Cycle 2,  and for that I am grateful. Sunday we had a lovely Mother's Day with Mark, and Sarah and her family. They prepared a a wonderful brunch of waffles, fruit, and scrambled eggs, and I was able to eat a little bit and enjoyed it. I am using all of my remedies for nausea and stomache quesiness, but there are still a few days where the appetite just isn't there, and that slight quesy feeling is enough to prevent you from risking it. And then a small snack of cottage cheese and fruit for dinner tasted very good. Actually, cottage cheese has been my new "go to" food of late. Pretty boring, I know, but it works.

Mother's Day at home with the G-man.

Then some transformer Lego time (Gaige is so good at dreaming up his own designs already at 4.5 yrs), and a story, and all was good. I went for the rest of the day in the recliner, and later for Mark and I an uplifting movie, and latest episode of Outlander. So the day was complete. Although we missed Alura and her family, who had just returned from a long road trip to Las Vegas for her annual conference so needed some R&R time at their home. But that was fine since I was not feeling all that great anyway.

Monday was kind of an off day again. I had planned to be up and about by then, so that was disappointing. But this game is all about one day at a time, resting whenever my body tells me too, and all things like that. So that is what I do -- follow my body as it directs me.  On Tuesday we made it out to run a few errands and pick up some galvanized troughs that will be used for my tomato plants. Yippee!! It takes me forever to get motivated to go out, but I am so glad I did. Just the drive to Santa Rosa was beautiful on this lovely Spring day. Then this evening we headed down to our local Farmer's Market on the beautiful Sonoma Plaza. Although I had second thoughts about this outing, it was a warm day, and was so uplifting to see friends, talk, laugh, etc. All the heartwarming hugs and inquiries about me are so sweet from this group of dear friends for many years. There were tears as a few of us said goodbye. They know what is going on and are all so loving and concerned. Their support is the best ever. Now we are home and my appetite is still almost non-existent. It's mainly that nothing tastes good in my mouth, and nothing settles well once it is in my stomache. So more cottage cheese for me, as I couldn't really eat any of the tasty treats our group brings each week to share.

Dr. Anderson's office called the other day to say that the tissue sent in to FoundationOne for testing didn't work for some reason, but that they now test via a blood draw, a new process that is brand spanking new. So they will draw this blood on Wednesday before my next chemo infusion, which is tomorrow. This is the company that takes a "fully informative genomic profile that helps physicians make treatment decisions for patients with cancer by identifying the molecular growth drivers of their cancers and helping oncologists match them with relevant targeted therapeutic options." I am excited for this to happen and to learn the results.

I want to close this evening with this very uplifting Supersoul session with Kris Carr. I learned about Kris Carr five years ago from my neighbor and friend Tricia. I then purchased her Crazy Sexy Cancer book. After a time, the book sat on the shelf, as you see, I was in remission and life went back to normal. About a year ago I purchased her cards and have them on a table near the front door. They are so uplifting and beautiful that I love to randomly shuffle through them and pick a new card frequently. Then I happened on this video this morning. As I wrote in a text this morning, this was something "that sure helped me today. So hard to climb outta my hole at times..." I think you will enjoy it. It is only 20 minutes, and well worth every minute for all of us, not just those with cancer.

Wel... I guess I better go hydrate more before bed as they directed for this  FoundationOne blood draw.

THANK YOU for continuing to keep me
in your thoughts & prayers.




Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!
Life is Good... Most of the time.

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.




2 comments:

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie