LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Monday, May 23, 2016

Chemo Vacation Week Winding Down

I've been having a good week as it was my vacation week from chemo; which is every third week. Today is Monday and I've had a wonderful weekend, but it is kind of hard not to start thinking of chemo coming up on Wednesday already, the grandkids do a good job of distracting me, though.

And then this happened today. A surprise visit from my two cousins from Sacramento, CA, Kathy and Jennifer. We had the best 3 hour visit ever. We talked about all the cousins (were your ears burning you umpteen cousins?) family, kids and grandkids, cancer, hearts, Outlander, cycling, you name it. It was the best. 

Cousins from the Curry Clan, Kathy and Jennifer with a surprise visit today.
Then earlier this week, I was so happy to spend Friday noonish thru Saturday noonish in Davis with the two darlings there. And I even drove there and back on my own -- feeling very proud and accomplished. They are almost 2 and almost 5 and play well together. I'm not sure how my 40+ year old daughter holds it all together with her job as Nurse Practicioner at UC Davis Med Center burn trauma unit, and the kids; but she devotes every moment to them when not working. We had quite the thunder storm Friday night in Davis. Then there is my other grandson in Sonoma who I get to see frequently. He is also almost 5 and such fun. I stopped by his house on the way home from Davis for a visit. Then Sunday afternoon he came to our place for an overnighter. We haven't done that in quite some time, so it has been fun. Then scrambled eggs coated in catsup for his breakfast this morning before momma picked him up for school. Such fun.

Gaige climbing a Sonoma Plaza tree on our walk to the bookstore.
Alura, Nico & Madeleine on way to park. I followed in the car.

Last week, I finally had the energy, and time to vacuum my floors and mopped the kitchen and bathroom. They were quite bad and I was disgusted whenever I looked down; but apparently not to the point of doing something about it. This week off from chemo, and the extra energy I built up, finally gave me the gumption to get it done. We shall see how long it is until I do it again.  :-)

In addition to all the above, I had the pleasure of spending time with Sarah's childhood friend from birth and a wonderful family friend for just as long, Ada. Those two treated me to a pedicure Thursday afternoon, we watched the Preakness together Saturday, and then had another brief visit Sunday when I picked up Gaige so Sarah and Leana, another longtime childhood and family friend, could go to Ada's poetry reading at Gundlach Bunschu. I usually don't get to spend that much time with Ada, and it was so wonderful. She is such a bright light.


Fun visits with Ada and Sarah.
This week I also signed up for the Metastasized Breast Cancer Project (MBC Project).  In doing so, I will be helping to transform our understanding of metastatic breast cancer. This is a nationwide movement of patients, doctors, and scientists, who by sharing tumor samples, medical information, and our voices, together we can speed the development of future therapies.

So tomorrow is my last day to set the world on fire before chemo. Mark and I plan to get out together and play. By then, I'll be ready to hit the infusion room yet again. 


THANK YOU for continuing to keep me
in your thoughts & prayers.


Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!
Life is Good... Most of the time.
Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie