LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Monday, May 30, 2016

Over the Hump... AGAIN. Whew!

That Carboplatin stuff is intense, nasty; and hopefully it is blasting that cancer to smithereens. Which we will find out soon enough.

It was another very hard weekend, but I think I am now over the hump. The breast pain was bad enough on Friday that I finally had to resort to some Norco, which then made the normal constipation issue after chemo really bad. I know TMI. Then Sunday the nausea wasn't horrible, but enough just to keep all my meals down to tiny portions of pretty bland foods. The recliner, AGAIN, was my good friend for the last three days, and naps in bed were frequent. They say the body heals when we sleep, so I welcomed all the sleep.

But we are over the hump this morning. Other than feeling like I have little energy or strength, I think I am up for a stroll in the yard, and even a bit of knitting. These things feel just too monumental on the 3 days prior to today in my chemo regime. And it is a glorious sunny day outside. I will let the day happen as it may as I have learned not to plan too far ahead. 

Today is my one free day before Chemo on Wednesday; thankfully just the Gemzar and no Carboplatin, as is the case for the second infusion of each two-infusion cycle. Tomorrow, which is usually my "get out and play and make up for the past week before chemo day",  is filling up with a morning CT Scan with contrast, and an afternoon at Cancer Support Sonoma for their intake appointment so I can see what kind of services they offer and take advantage of anything that seems to fit me. 

I am (we are) especially anxious about the CT Scan, as this will tell how well the chemo has been working on especially my liver, first and foremost, and then of course the breast. And then we decide where to go from here. There was already discussion about changing up my treatment plan, so who knows if I will even have chemo this Wednesday. It is a wait and see situation. I am hopeful, as always. I must be! There is absolutely no choice around that one. 

And then I am excited to finally get into Cancer Support Sonoma for an appointment. Their online intake system doesn't seem to be very well organized in my mind, and although I completed the online form weeks ago, contacted them through their FB Page via a PM and conversed with someone there. I finally had to call in, email them, and then got a call from the person who oversees their website and the intake system, BEFORE FINALLY getting a call back late last week to set up an appointment. Hopefully they will improve all of that soon for other new patients. They did seem to be very receptive to my suggestions and comments, so that was positive.


Wishing you all a wonderful Memorial Day. Remembering all those who have served our country and have left this world; my father, step-grandfather and Uncle Fran are those that come to mind off the top of my head. They did not die in battle, but they served our country with pride. In recent years I've wanted to attend one of the local Memorial Day ceremonies, but alas, just not up to it this year. Maybe next...

One step... One day... Step by step.

THANK YOU for continuing to keep me
in your thoughts & prayers.


Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!
Life is Good... Most of the time.

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that has really helped me with the Norco constipation issues (8 BC-related surgeries in the last year) is magnesium citrate. I take 2 200 mg tabs and it works magic. For what it's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. I'll give it a try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie