LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Monday, June 6, 2016

Another Week Off Chemo

This is my chemo vacation week. And so far so good. It was a pretty exhausting week last week after chemo, but then after the blood transfusion on Friday, due to the anemia, I felt much better this past weekend than I normally would. Alura, Sarah, and the three grandkids came over Saturday for a nice visit. They are growing so fast, and I know I say that repeatedly. But it is true. Such cuteness; and such energy!

Then Sunday evening we drove over to the East Bay to join most of our siblings in celebration of Nancy & Nat's 30th anniversary, along with their Pastor and family and a few of their close friends. It was such a lovely evening of family and friendship, and so good to see the happy couple, especially Nat.  We met up in the banquet room of a Chinese Restaurant. Nancy wrote and read a wonderful poem about their 30 year journey and Nat said a few words too, commenting on how much he has enjoyed being a part of our family, among other nice words about Nancy and their relationship. A wonderful evening all around.






And then today, Mark and I had a nice surprise of a visit from my Cousin, Chris, whom we don't see very often and just had a brief visit with last July at the family reunion. It was wonderful to spend a couple of hours talking old memories, and catching up on the new.


Thanks to my dear friend Beverly for the 2.66 mile walk Sunday. I didn't know I had it in me after 2 weeks of inactivity. I guess that blood transfusion was a good thing.

I look forward to enjoying this week before starting in on a new chemo regime next Wednesday.



THANK YOU for continuing to keep me
in your thoughts & prayers.


Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!
Life is Good... Most of the time.

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie