LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Our 43rd Anniversary & New Chemo Regime

Today is our 43rd Anniversary. We pretty much celebrated over the last week with our trip to Kauai, which was one of the best vacations ever. I'm not sure if it was this specific trip, or the timing in between the other crazy stuff happening in our lives; but I'll take it, and I enjoyed every minute of it. And most importantly of all, I felt fantastic, almost normal, the entire time!

Look at these two kids 43 years ago today. So many life experiences we now have to share, and so much love. I am one lucky girl.

Today we hope to get out on an outing, depending on how I feel after the new chemo drugs I had yesterday afternoon. I felt fantastic after chemo that afternoon and evening. But then I couldn't get to sleep until 4am. Slept till 9am, but now I'm feeling a bit "heady", maybe a tad queasy stomached, but actually not so bad. So we shall see how the morning progresses. But what is with this cool weather in Glen Ellen. It didn't even reach 70 yesterday, and today's forecast is about the same. Oh well, I won't have to water plants. :-)

So yesterday I started the new chemo regime, with the hopes it will kill these cancer cells and knock down the tumors, especially in the liver. I'm starting to notice the swollen lymph node under my right arm that was identified with cancer in all the previous scans, and of course the breast has not physically outwardly changed a bit, other than give me pain right after chemo, and during the week off as well, so it would be great if the cancer in those areas took a big hit too, so that is my wish and our goal. 

Still no word on the Foundation One test on my blood. I saw the Nurse Practitioner yesterday, and she was very thorough with me and went over all the new side effects I might experience from the Abraxane. To name a few, hair loss is a given, but it will take longer than when it happened in 2011. Apparently it may take 4-6 weeks or so, but I am prepared. Neuropathy is another. Then there is the dreaded diahrea or constipation. I think I have my arsenal stocked to battle these should they occur and keep it all at bay. But probably the thing that they will watch for carefully with labs every week is my blood counts. The plan is for this treatment to happen once a week, every week, with no breaks at all. But it is also expected, especially with my treatment so far this year, that I will need to take a break from this new weekly regime from time to time with the expected issues with blood counts. So we will take it one week at a time.
 
The new weekly infusion will be Carboplatin (the dreaded one that sets me back so, but a much lower dose), along with the new drug, Abraxane. Dr. Anderson says chances are I'll need a Nupagen shot now and then, to help my blood counts. But the Abraxane should be easier to tolerate, even with the Carboplatin, since it will be a much smaller dose of that one. So time will tell.


THANK YOU for continuing to keep me
in your thoughts & prayers.


Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!
Life is Good... Most of the time.

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and Happy Anniversary Deb & Mark! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie