LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day one and all. And it was a glorious day here in Glen Ellen, California -- a light breeze; warm but not hot -- perfect for all the parade goers, BBQers, and firework watchers.

Our plan was to go into the Kenwood 4th of July parade at 10:30am. But that was not to be. I've had a bit of stomache cramping and intestinal issues the last few mornings, similar to same days last week. So I surmise it is chemo related. But usually by early afternoon I have been able to quell these symptoms and that was my plan. By evening, we had dinner and then headed down to watch the fireworks with Sarah and family from their front yard. So all was good. And I got some reading in, a telephone visit with a new cancer sister who has very similar issues and symptoms as me, practiced on LeLe (my name for my Ukulele), and Mark got a bunch of trim painted on the house earlier in the day. So all in all a great day.

Gaige and Luna waiting for fireworks

On Thursday morning I received a call to come in and they slipped me in for my second blood transfusion in just a month from the first. That always seems to help with the exhaustion, but it is an all day event. But I was home in time Thursday night so Mark and I were able to pick up and watch our little Gaige overnight so his Mom and Dad could get out for their anniversary. Friday morning, my 63rd birthday, Mark fixed us a wonderful breakfast of circus waffles, fruit, eggs and bacon.

After Gaige and Sarah left, we took a drive out to the coast and got in a nice walk at Doran Beach. There were lots of families out having fun at the beach and the campground was full of those preparing for a fun Independence Day weekend. I was wishing we had our trailer out there too.

On Saturday, both the girls came for a visit and to wish me a Happy Birthday, which made for a perfect weekend.

All three grandkids helping Grammie to blow out the candles.

There is a group of girlfriends from our local weekly Sonoma Farmers Market gatherings who all have July Birthdays, and we were able to get all five of us together Sunday at the Swiss Hotel for our Birthday lunch. Talk about a busy, yet fun weekend. 

And then Tuesday, I met up with my dear friend of about 4 years, who is also my hairdresser, and she helped to fix me up. You see, the evening of my birthday, my hair finally began to fall out in large quantities. And while it isn't to the point of shaving it all off yet, it is close and she gave me a short cut to help get me by for another week or so, hopefully.

Getting ready for the fall out.

Now it is already Wednesday, July 6th, and I keep delaying the actual posting of this entry. So one last update is that I had a wonderful walk with my dear friend Beverly this morning. It is always such fun catching up and just gabbing about  knitting, quilting, family and grandkids, etc. I treasure our fun times together.  And this afternoon, another visit with a dear friend who is an Oncology Maseuse and she will give me a massage. 

Wow, I'm exhaust just realizing all I've been up to this week. No wonder I just finished a nice relaxing nap out on the deck.

I thank all these "dear friends" who are there for me, supporting me, checking in on me, just being there in whatever way they enjoy doing. That is what friends are all about.

THANK YOU for continuing to keep me
in your thoughts & prayers.

Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!
Life is Good... Most of the time.

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!

BELIEVE

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting! I look forward to your comments.


2 comments:

  1. That is a cute picture sis! Love reading your post, it shows your strength and determination. You are an inspiration and strong enough to beat this, you already have before. Thinking of you always <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet sister. I do appreciate the love.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie