LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Chemo Delay and Relay for Life 8/27/16

It's been a very tiresome week. The chemo break just before each new transfusion seems to be disappearing. So yesterday I called and cancelled chemo for this coming Wednesday until next Wednesday, and I will take an unexpected week off. Dr. Anderson indicated that this might be the case, but I was determined not to skip a beat. Then this past weekend, I was so very tired, and napping frequently, that it made more sense to take a break.

I guess I was feeling like taking a break might set back the good progress of shrinking tumors. My plan was to transition to two weeks on, and one week off. I will go in this week for labs and an office visit with my oncologist. I'll bring up how I'm feeling with him and see if he thinks I should switch to every other week chemo infusions instead. It becomes very challenging to reschedule appointments, since this office is swamped all the time, which is pretty sad in itself.

And then I woke this morning light headed with s high pulse and intestinal woes. All when we are making 2 trips to Healdsburg and back to deliver our last 4 alpacas and our Maremma LGD, Maurio, to their new home. A sad moment for Brookfarm, but a necessary one. Mark thinks the high pulse is overcompensating for a very low blood pressure. I will contact my cardiologist for a phone consult. 

On a more positive note, I'm participating in the Relay for Life Sonoma team, Denise's Darlings. Team Leader is Jenise Emery, Denise Emery's daughter. We lost Denise, my cousin, to breast cancer on Valentine's Day this year, and this year we walk in her memory and to help fundraise for the American Cancer Society.

Won't you please consider coming out to walk a lap or two with us; to create a luminaria bag in someone's memory or honor, or to make a donation to the cause?

The details are:
Saturday, August 27-28, 2016
1 p.m.-10 a.m.
The Presentation School
20872 Broadway, Sonoma

Click here to visit my PERSONAL Relay page.


Sarah, Gaige and I at a previous Relay for Life.

Thank so very much!




Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
B E L I E V E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.





2 comments:

  1. My cardiologist cut all my heart meds in half. We shall see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie