LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, September 16, 2016

Metastasis: The Ugly Truth

A friend, also with terminal breast cancer, shared a post on Facebook recently with the following article from Cancer Treatment Centers of America


I found the article to be very interesting, and I hope you will read it by clicking on the link above.

But what was most informative to me, was the video that was referenced in the article explaining how cancer works in metastasis. Here is a direct link to the video mentioned in this article: 
     https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2016/02/04/cool-videos-spying-on-cancer-cell-invasion/

And watching this video brought tears of fear. I mean, having this information is great for more research and finding ways to help millions of women with metastasized breast cancer, terminal cancer, like me. But the fact of cancer's ability to do these things indicated in this amazing video is so frightening for me at this very moment in time -- A time when my oncologists are trying their best to stay ahead of my cancer, when they are basically dancing around the cancer and throwing at it an arsenal of the latest treatments available today for treatment of the type of metastasized breast cancer that I have. And doing so in precise increments so that there is still medications and options available to prolong my life as long as those treatments are available. They are basically stretching it out, changing it up when the cancer gets smarter than the latest drug I am on.

When I allow my brain to go to this negative place, which is rare thankfully, I am scared to death (pun not intended) of how much time of "prolonged life" I actually have. And no one knows what that is.

And the "prolonging" is to give me more time with loved ones, but more importantly, more time with the hope that some new miracle treatment will be found to give me even more time, or perhaps, miraculously, a cure for this cancer that at this time is, and will most likely be, terminal. It is the ugly truth I am accepting of, but am smart enough not to allow it to consume me. But for this moment in time, I will be that vulnerable, Stage IV, terminal cancer patient and lay it out there like it is.


Peace and Love




Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
B E L I E V E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie