LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, September 23, 2016

Things... They Are A Changing

That is... breast cancer meds and such.

Chemo Infusion #20, Abraxane #12

As expected from my conversation with Dr. Anderson last week, he has changed things up this week when I saw him Wednesday morning 9/21/16.

First off, both white and red blood cell numbers were down from last week. So it is not only time for Granix injections to improve the white count (4 of them Thursday through Sunday mornings), but also a blood transfusion, which will take most of the day Sunday at Memorial Hospital. But the way it works there is that you have to wait for someone to get discharged so you have a bed. So I will be "on-call", so to speak, Sunday waiting for space for me. The Ambulatory Care offices were also all full through Saturday, so the Hospital is my only option.

We talked about the bit of itchyness I've been having around my eyes and face. And we discussed my breast and the fact that the blister-looking area seems to be drying up again. He could not say whether it is the Abraxane or the Xeloda.

But because of the low blood counts, I had the choice to skip chemo infusion, or take a half dose of the Abraxane. I chose the half dose. When I got home and Sarah and I shared this with Mark. He chuckled and said most people would jump for joy to get the day off chemo. But not me, NO; I go with a half dose instead. LOL

Dr. Anderson wants me to try 3 Xeloda pills am and 2 pm, which is an increase of one more in the morning. We will see how I tolerate this and then he may increase the evening dose to 3 tablets as well. This would then be 1,500 mg each morning and night.

Dr. Anderson said that the Immunotherapy clinical trial at UCSF is about two months out from being approved/finalized (whatever they call it when it is ready to go live, so to speak), so we will keep an eye on that option. Doctors Munster and Agorual (sp) are running the trial and he will look into getting me in to see one or both of them. But for now, he feels the Xeloda is my best choice.

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news of a sweet friend's passing this weekend. Ellen was diagnosed with a rare type of lung cancer about 3 years ago or so. It is one that non-smoking women have been coming down with. It is just so hard to understand this whole disease and why it seems so prevalent in society these days. Sending love and comfort to your family. I am so sorry to miss her celebration of life this Sunday, but unfortunately it is the only day they can get me in for the blood transfusion.

Rest in Peace Ellen, sweet fiber and knitting friend.  
Sending love and comfort to your family.  


Peace and Love




Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
B E L I E V E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie