LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Arnold Getaway - YIPPEE

First off, during this month of October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, let me first say to not get all caught up in pink ribbons and everything pink. I wish all the groups out there raising money put the majority of it to the cause, but more importantly to research for finding a cure. For we know that breast cancer alone does not kill; but MBC (Metastasized Breast Cancer) does, and it's high time we made sure that our donations go to finding a cure. Because in my mind, we are all aware of breast cancer, but what we need is awareness of MBC and research to cure this horrible disease. 

Enough said today ... on to lighter fare.

We had a great time with friends staying at a vacation home in the Arnold area a week ago. But not until I completed 4 days of Granix injections to tell my bone marrow to up the production of white blood cells as mine were very low. Then I finished that off with 7.5 hours at Memorial/St Joseph's Hospital on Sunday, September 25th, for a blood transfusion of 2 units of blood. We left that next day for our trip, and thankfully by Tuesday morning I was feeling much better. So much so that by Thursday night I kept our foursome up till after midnight trying to break the 1 point win the boys had over Jo and I on our ongoing cribbage games. We came close! And we got to celebrate Jo's birthday week too. Such a lovely week.

              

The Fall colors were beautiful along the trail near the visitors center.


 

A way to capture the entire Giant Sequoia with an iPhone: Use the panorama feature sideways!

Arnold is about halfway between Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, off of Hwy 4. I don't think I'd ever been there before and was so pleasantly surprised. Two different days we drove out to see and kayak these spectacular lakes filled with and surrounded by huge granite boulders. Alpine, Union & Utica lakes are so beautiful and pristine. Actually, there is little dirt near these lakes and the granite islands popping up here and there are amazing. The restaurant at Alpine was delicious for lunch one day and dinner at Sarafina's Italian restaurant darn good too. 


Our picnic spot on one of the Union Lake islands.

But, apparently, I can kayak much easier than I can walk/hike; as the day at Calaveras Big Trees was great fun, but I couldn't even make it 1/3 of the way around the level scenic trail near the visitor center. And then there was the yellow jacket bite/sting to the foot on Wednesday near the lakes edge. Wowsy; I forgot how painful they are, and how they can swell and itch like the dickens. Thank goodness it is all better now. But still loved every minute of it ~ Dogwoods changing into Fall colors and Giant Sequoia's, what more could a girl ask for.

 

I finished off the  week by starting my second week of Xeloda tabs at a higher dosage this time and all seemed to be tolerated well. Dr. Anderson is planning to move me up to 3 tabs each morning and night (1,500 mg each time), but started me on 2 tabs am and 3 tabs pm first to see how I did. I finished that week on Saturday and so far so good. No diahrea, no hand and foot syndrom; which are two of the biggies that seem to come with this drug. Whew!

Later today, I go back in for blood work, oncology visit, and chemo infusion -- provided my blood counts are up for it. Let's see what new changes might be in store for me this week.

Peace and Love




Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
B E L I E V E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie