LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Slow Progress

It's been a decent weekend, although I'm still laying low per doctor's orders. I saw my surgeon Friday morning for the bandage removal and reveal (see previous post). He was so sweet to meet me at the back door of their office for a visit, since the office was closed on Friday. Then Mark and I had a lovely lunch out and returned home. By Saturday, the smaller gauze dressing was covered in blood, so another day yet before it is safe to shower. 

The bandage tape is horrible. Maybe it is just because of the type of surgery. I've not had this much pain when removing bandage tape before, and I've had a few surgeries in my life. During surgery, my skin had to be peeled up from tissue on most of my chest so it could be moved to the appropriate area to cover the surgery site and be sutured. It is a large site, and radiated skin has no elasticity, so I have to be very careful so healing continues as it should. I am told that radiated skin can be slow to heal and infection happens more often than with normal non-radiated skin. Whenever I peel off the bandage tape, certain areas feel as though my skin is being pulled away from my body, like it's barely attached (the skin). Thankfully, now I am finally down to a large bandaid. The shower is still on hold until there is less draining and the hole from the breast drain heals up a bit more. 

Saturday afternoon I drove for the first time. I was a bit stir crazy with all the information about shopping and fun holiday events, so I drove down to Sarah's in Sonoma and hung out there, playing games with she and Grandson. Then we took a walk down to the plaza to see the beautiful lights. It was a nice outing. I returned home and Mark and vacuumed the house (Yay!!!) and made chili. I made some corn bread and we had a heart-warming meal. 

By Sunday afternoon, I was finally good to go for a shower. Ahhhhh; that sure felt good.


My artistic hubby. :-)
I'm getting hair. YIPPEE!



















A few Thanksgiving moments...

Cousin love.

Our daughters, their husbands, my brother and his wife.

My nephew with his 3 cousins (our grands). Looks like trouble.


Today is Monday. It is a beautiful sunny morning right now, and  I hope to make it out tonight for a knit night and meditation. Maybe we will even start in on some Christmas decor for the house. We shall see. But I still need to restrict use of my left arm to prevent any edema and swelling, which is a big no-no with the radiated skin and such.

On Wednesday I return to see my surgeon, Dr. Elboim. Hopefully I will get the green light to do the exercises to keep my shoulder loose, and be able to lift over my head and do some light lifting. Then Friday I will return to see my Oncologist to do some labs and see if I am healed up enough and when I can get back on my chemo routine and keep this cancer at bay.

Peace and Love





Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
B E L I E V E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie