LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

They Call It Hair, and Other Musings

Look, Ma... I have hair!



Enough for it to even get messed up when I wear a hat, which is still most of the time. But I do go hatless indoors more frequently now that this little bit of fluff is giving me some warmth. And I'm glad it is. 

Now if I could just get my eyebrows, lashes, and  nails to cooperate. But I won't be greedy on this account. I am thankful for what I have.

HATS & MARCHING


Speaking of hats, I was so very honored to participate in one of the over 600 sister marches to the Women's March on Washington DC on 1/21/17. As you can see from the tiny image in the background pic of our 3-girl Glen Ellen/Sonoma/Napa team of me, Kate & Karen, we marched at our State Capitol of Sacramento, CA. The crowd is estimated to be in the neighborhood of 30,000 and it was an experience of a lifetime for me. The vibe was positive, supportive, inclusive, and the intent was, and is, to stand up for the rights of all human beings, especially women; which we believe are being threatened at lightning speed under the new President and administration.

 These are called pussy hats. And if you've heard any of the derogatory statements from our new President from recent history, you know what this means.
This are called pussy hats. Google it if you don't know the meaning, but you couldn't have missed it in the last few weeks if you read/watch the news or do anything online.

A lot of people are calling this song the anthem of the Women’s March movement. It brings tears everytime I hear it, and especially watching this wonderful women sing it in DC.
“We are the song rising in the twilight. Sing it once more, #ICantKeepQuiet. A #WomensMarch anthem."

 

A GETAWAY


Right before the march, Mark and I, and three of our other trailering couples (we call ourselves the Vino Vagabonds), made a treck up to our favorite winery, Pacific Star Winery, for a few days. It was the annual crab feed and the crabbing strike ended just in time for us to enjoy the most delicious dungeness crab from the Fort Bragg area. We are part of the "crew" for this event so we help with set up, take down, and even a little food prep and flower arranging. But the best part is the open welcome from the winery owners Sally & Marcus, the gorgeous setting, and the friendship of this group. Not to mention some delicious wines and THE VIEWS. What an amazing place and fun weekend.

 





 BBC NEWS

And then there is some exciting news on the breast cancer front:

Breast cancer: Scientists hail 'milestone' genetic find

Scientists say they now have a near-perfect picture of the genetic events that cause breast cancer.

The study, published in Nature, has been described as a "milestone" moment that could help unlock new ways of treating and preventing the disease.

The largest study of its kind unpicked practically all the errors that cause healthy breast tissue to go rogue.
I say, keep this kind of good news coming!


That's it for now...



Filling my life with love, laughter, family & friends!


Peace and Love




Die cancer, DIE. You are messing with the wrong woman!!

Debbie... aka the cancer FIGHTER, AND Cardiomyopathy warrior!!!
B E L I E V E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •
THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie