LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, May 19, 2017

Another Scan Bites the Dust

Yesterday was CT Scan day. There is always a bit of anxiety around this quarterly test, but I'm feeling very, very good and so am pretty relaxed about it this time. I'm hopeful that the breast cancer tumors in my liver have shrunken even a bit more from last time, and maybe even some of the smaller ones are gone. Wouldn't that be just the best! That's what I'm sticking to, FOR SURE!

But the best part about CT Scan day, is when Mark comes with me (and he almost always does), and then we go out for lunch and play a bit. So today, we had lunch at Sea Thai in Santa Rosa and it was delicious. We had the fire cracker prawns as a starter. Mark had the black noodles with pork, and I had a fire chicken curry. Yum!

I just love the gorgeous light fixtures at Sea Thai. The following collage features just of few of the beautiful pieces, as well as our yummy lunch.
 



After running a couple of errands, we then headed over to Sonoma County Fair Grounds for the Santa Rosa Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival. It was great fun. At first I thought it was a quilt show, but we soon realized it was more of a vendor event, with lots of fabric, sewing machines, and much more on display and for sale. I picked up a couple of batik fabrics, about four adorable quilt patterns I hope to get to someday, and a cool new couple of gadgets for my sewing machine that should make life much easier -- Creative Feet and Octi-Hoops. The demo was very impressive.

These quilts were on display at the event, mainly as examples of patterns one can purchase. Mermaids, VW bus, ocean and trailers, what's not to like about all of there?

Always a great time when we can take in some beautiful art by such creative people.


~ ~ ~

Filling my life with love, laughter, family & friends!
~ Peace and Love ~






B  E  L  I  E  V  E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.

You can also find me on Facebook, Ravelry, and just occasionally on Instagram and Twitter. Just click the word above to go there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie