LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, July 14, 2017

Much Better - so we will try again

You may recall from my last post about Hand-Food Syndrome, that I was having quite a bit of trouble with my feet. After a couple of days from stopping my Xeloda a day-and-a-half early, things were back to normal. But low and behold, a day before starting up today on my week on this drug, I thought I had a tiny particle stuck on the bottom of my foot as walking around the kitchen barefoot. 

Nothing there!

Instead, there are small areas starting to peel on the balls of each of my feet from the damage that was done a week ago. I imagine I'll lose a good layer of skin from the bottoms of my feet before the week is done. Let's just hope I can get through this week without having to stop early.

But for fun, I have my ukulele class this morning and then get to go out to lunch with my July Birthday girlfriends. This year we are trying Cocoa Planet in Sonoma. Cocoa Planet is a chocolate factory/tasting room, that also serves wine and food. They're philosophy is...
  • Chocolate should have more taste, less sugar
  • Flavors should be interesting but not overwhelming, complementing the chocolate and tantalizing your palate
  • Portions should be small but intensely satisfying.
  • Good chocolate should be good for you: a single serving should be less than 100 calories, 8g of sugar or less and 9g net carbs or less.
  • Hot chocolate shouldn’t sacrifice quality for convenience; it should be made with real chocolate, not powder!
I'll let you know how it is. 

And last weekend I was able to get away for a bit of camping, spinning, and girl time (I do that a lot these days - girl time). A group of eight of us camped at nearby Sugarloaf Ridge State Park for two nights under a gorgeous full moon. It was a hot one, for sure, but we had three adjoining sites in the shade of the oaks and bay trees, enjoying spinning and knitting and gabbing time in our circle, some yummy camp food, and libations. All is good when camping.


Ginger's cast iron camp beams
Our yummy meal

Our spinning circle


Beautiful full moon on a hot Summer night.

And I can't thank my hubby enough who transported me, our trailer, and all the appropriate gear up to Sugarloaf, set it all up, then departed so I could share our cozy trailer with two of my besties. Then he returned to retrieve me and everything. What a guy. I am very thankful and blessed to have him as my partner. Each time I leave him at Brookfarm, I return to find he has reclaimed a bit more of our property from Mother Nature and the deferred maintenance that has gone unchecked over the last few years.

~ ~ ~

Filling my life with love, laughter, family & friends!
~ Peace and Love ~






B  E  L  I  E  V  E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.

You can also find me on Facebook, Ravelry, and just occasionally on Instagram and Twitter. Just click the word above to go there.


1 comment:

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie