LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Oncology Checkup & Wonderful Kauai Vacation

Today was my bi-monthly port draw, labs, and checkup. Feeling good so expecting a good report.feeling optimistic at Redwood Regional Cancer 

And as expected - Very good appointment with Dr Ian Anderson this morning. CBC looks good. All my vitals are great. We talked a little bit about the feet issues I've had and it sounds like we can make adjustments with the Xeloda, if needed, since I seem to be doing so well on it, so I can stay on it as long as possible for maintenance. That was refreshing to hear. 

I will have blood work in a month and then a new CT Scan and Oncology checkup mid-October.

But the fun news is the most wonderful vacation we just had at Kiahuna Plantation on Kauai the past two weeks. It was the most wonderful trip with our two daughters and most of their families, including the 3 adorable grand children. We swam at the beach and at the ocean, snorkeled, played on the water slide and the beach, ate out and in, toured Kilauea lighthouse, danced the hula and saw three amazing shows, one being the most spectacular Auli'i Luau at the Sheraton in Poipu, just a few steps from our condo. We had ice cream, shave ice, smoothies, and lots of fish. We saw Monk Seals and Sea Turtles up close and personal; not to mention two Manta Rays, giant frogs (about 10 of them one evening), spiny sea stars, hermit crabs, sea cucumbers geckos and anoles. Oh and amazing smell of flowers, lots of birds, and chickens galore. 

It was the trip of a lifetime with memories for all to cherish for years to come.

Here is a snippet of photos of the trip. Just click the link. Facebook tells me that even if you aren't a Facebook member, you will be able to view this photo album. Enjoy!


Filling my life with love, laughter, family & friends!
~ Peace and Love ~






B  E  L  I  E  V  E

• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

THANKS for visiting!        I look forward to your comment.

You can also find me on Facebook, Ravelry, and just occasionally on Instagram and Twitter. Just click the word above to go there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie